Holiday season is the absolute perfect time for both a minty and chocolatey dessert. This melt-in-your-mouth mousse is everything that I have ever wished for, and it only requires 3 ingredients!
Desserts, especially vegan desserts are not something you can start regretting until after the new year. This mint chocolate mousse will end the 2020 nightmare off right.
Yield: 4 Servings
1 Can Coconut Milk
1 1/2 - 2 Cups Vegan Chocolate
1/4 - 1/2 Teaspoon Mint Extract
Melt the chocolate in 30-second increments in the microwave or using a bain-marie system.
Mix in the coconut milk and mint extract.
Fill your containers and refrigerate for at least an hour.
Top with vegan whipped cream or vegan vanilla ice cream and serve!
- I recommend using mini chocolate chips because they melt more evenly.
- Make sure the chocolate is completely melted. Clumps of unmelted chocolate will mess with the consistency of the mousse.
- Use full-fat coconut milk or coconut cream. Make sure to only use the white solidified coconut milk and not the translucent liquid at the bottom of the can.
- Both chocolate and mint extract amounts can be adjusted to your flavor preference. The full 2 cups of chocolate and 1/2 teaspoon of mint extract will give a very rich and intense flavor.
- For a fudgy texture, eat them right after they come out of the fridge. For a softer texture, let them come to room temperature.